Sunday, March 30, 2008

HOT FRESH NOW - no more


Well yesterday at about 2am I had some Krispy Kream Doughnuts. Im not sure why I assumed they were vegan. Probably because I have no idea how doughnuts are made and becasue I thought since they are so artificial that there just couldn't be any real ingredients in them. But alas today I looked them up and boo. I love how they say "the ONLY animal byproducts" and then list 7 animal ingredients. Its not like I ate them that often. (we do happen to live super close to one but its quite infrequent that we go) Bye bye hot fresh now. But now I am on the search for a vegan doughnut. Again I'm not a big doughnut fan but I love finding the vegan substitutes.

INGREDIENT INFORMATION
The only animal byproducts used in our doughnut are eggs (whites and yolks) and dairy products (including milk, butter, yogurt, whey, nonfat milk and nonfat whey). Our doughnuts are cooked in 100% vegetable oil shortening (partially hydrogenated soybean and/or cottonseed oil). All monoglycerides, diglycerides and enzymes are vegetable based. The lecithin we use is soy based. We also use wheat in our doughnuts, including bran, germ, gluten, starch and flour. Our products may contain allergens. To get further information about our products call us at 1800 4KRISPY.

No comments: